Rewards and Loyalty Programs
Automate rewards and loyalty programs for your cardholders
On the Hydrogen platform, you have full control over the cardholder rewards and cardholder loyalty programs that you run! We have created the most robust infrastructure in the embedded finance industry, allowing you to control these benefits directly from your Hydrogen portal. There are four types of rewards that we offer:
- Merchant Funded Card-Linked Rewards: these rewards are automatically disbursed to cardholders after they swipe at 100+ national brands, plus 10,000+ local businesses nationwide.
- Merchant Funded Affiliate Rewards: these rewards require cardholder action to be attributed to the card and are available for limited periods of time.
- Tenant Funded Custom Rewards Programs: our customers can create their own rewards program rules and then use our engine to automatically calculate and disburse the rewards.
- Tenant Funded Custom Loyalty Programs: our customers can create their own loyalty program rules and then use our engine to automatically calculate and disburse the loyalty payments.
Below, we discuss in greater detail our rewards categories:
Merchant Funded Card-Linked Rewards
This is the most popular rewards category offered by Hydrogen. Because of our innovative infrastructure, we make it possible for cardholders to automatically earn great rewards from popular merchants, just by swiping their cards! These card-linked offers are funded by our network of merchants around the United States. Here are some examples of merchants that participate in this program:
Advance Auto Parts, Apple, Chevron, Chipotle, Fanatics, Lowes, Kohl’s, L’Occitane, Lyft, Macy’s, McDonald’s, Nike, Petco, Pizza Hit, Popeyes, Samsung, Sam’s Club, Starbucks, Tesla, Uber Eats, Vrbo, Walgreens, Zara, and Zulily.
These rewards are available online and/or in-store. Hydrogen will continually push out an updated list of card-linked offers. It is up to you to market them to your cardholders. When you do, cardholders can earn up to 10% in cash back!
Hydrogen offers merchant funded card-linked rewards with no added cost. You will be required to do some simple marketing tasks and alerting, which we will make you aware of when you launch your cards program.
In our Transform Plan, you have the option of taking a cut of the rewards revenue. For example, if we offer 5% on all purchases at Starbucks, you can choose to take 2% of this and give 3% to your cardholders!
Merchant Funded Affiliate Rewards
Hydrogen also will run intermittent affiliate promotions for specific brands. Unlike the card-linked rewards, which require no user interaction, the affiliate offers are more traditional promotions run by brands. These affiliate offers require interactions by the cardholders to qualify for the reward. The most common interaction will be the cardholder clicking on the offer through a Hydrogen hosted no-code component. The cardholder will be taken to a landing page explaining the offer, and then if they pay with their debit card, they will earn the reward.
As with the card-linked rewards, in our Transform Plan, you have the option of taking a cut of the rewards revenue. For example, if we offer 5% on all purchases at Starbucks, you can choose to take 2% of this and give 3% to your cardholders! The affiliate rewards will almost always be available online only and are typically available for a limited time only. You will be alerted on your Hydrogen portal whenever a new affiliate reward is available.
Custom Rewards Programs
Hydrogen allows you to offer your own custom card rewards program. Disburse rewards monthly, quarterly, or yearly, directly from your Hydrogen portal. There is no extra fee to use this amazing feature! You can control rewards based on the following criteria:
- Transaction Category: cleansed categories (e.g. 5% cash back on Travel)
- MCC: Merchant Category Codes (MCC) (e.g. 5% cash back at code 5814 - Fast Food Restaurants)
- Merchant Name: cleansed merchant names for third-party businesses (e.g. 5% cash back on purchases at Starbucks)
- MID: Merchant ID to restrict rewards to only businesses you are partnered with (e.g. 5% cash back on purchases at your restaurant)
Custom Loyalty Programs
If you are a brand, you can use our platform to create your own custom loyalty programs. There is no extra fee to use this amazing feature! Push out loyalty offers on an ad-hoc or programmatic bases. You can control loyalty based on the following:
- Bonus: incentive for cardholders when a certain action occurs (e.g. $100 bonus when you sign up)
- MID: Merchant ID, to restrict rewards to only your business (e.g. 5% cash back at my business)
- Discounts: reward based on total purchase amount during a period (e.g. 10% off this month)
- Balance: reward based on average balance of account during period (e.g. 5% cash back when you maintain $1,000 or more in your account)
(Coming Soon) Crypto Reward Disbursements
All of the rewards and loyalty payments discussed on this page can be disbursed to cardholders as USD (“dollar rewards”), and coming soon, in popular Cryptocurrency assets (“crypto rewards”). We will offer our crypto rewards feature with no added cost to our Reward and bundled plan users! We plan to offer all of the following assets -
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Compound (COMP)
- Dogecoin (DOGE)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Shiba Inu (SHIB)
- True USD (TUSD)
- US Dollars (USD)
- USD Coin (USDC)
- Tether (USDT)
Note: this list is subject to change at any time, at Hydrogen’s sole discretion. Holding cryptocurrency is risky and involves the risk of loss of (potentially all) principal. You will be responsible for educating users on the risks of holding cryptocurrency assets.
Your cardholders will accrue their dollar rewards in their Mastercard wallet, and their crypto rewards in a crypto wallet. Cardholders can withdraw currency held in either wallet at any time.
Disclaimer: Hydrogen is the sponsor of the rewards and loyalty programs. They are not affiliate with, or endorsed by, our bank sponsor, Metabank. Please do your own research before offering any Hydrogen sponsored rewards program.